The Parents and Spectators of AFC Walcountians players have a great influence on children’s enjoyment and success at our football club. All children play football because they first and foremost love the game.
It is important to remember that however good a child becomes at football, we must inforce the message that positive encouragement will contribute to:
- Children enjoying football
- Personal Achievement
- Self Esteem
- Improving footballing skills & technique
Parents and spectators expectations and attitudes have a significant bearing on a child’s attitude towards:
- Other players
Parents and spectators should:
- Respect the referee’s decision AT ALL TIMES. Do not question, abuse or argue with the referee under any circumstances.
- Applaud the opposition as well as AFC Walcountians players
- Avoid coaching the players during the game, it is detrimental to the manager and confuses the players
- Avoid shouting, screaming and using abusive language
- Give encouragement to all players, not just the most talented
- Support the Team Manager and offer assistance at all times, both on matchdays and at training.
Any Parent/Spectator that fails to follow this code of conduct will be asked to leave the ground immediately and possibly banned from the club.